Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Buried Treasure

Have you ever had one of those experiences where you look at yourself and your life and are amazed at what you see, what you've accomplished?

I'm having one of those moments right now.

I have been accomplishing so much lately; reaching out for help when I need it, developing practices to help me handle things easier, faster, getting my work accomplished to the best of my ability and with a smile on my face, and still getting the everyday things done.

I know this sounds repetitive, and in part it is, but I look at my day today and I've only taken 3, yes THREE, vicoprofen for the WHOLE ENTIRE DAY. I've been on top of social services to see if I am approved for food stamps (boy was that appointment an adventure and a half!). I've made an appointment for Friday to take pictures of my condo so I can post ads online. I worked both my jobs today and did it with a smile. I worked as hard as I could and did good. Hell, I got complimented like crazy, and that's always good. I spoke with my uncle and bless his heart he wants to contribute to the "get well fund" so I really will be able to make it after all (I celebrated by buying myself food, yay!). And the top "best of all" spots are taken by two things: today was the third day in a row I've gotten a decent night's sleep. And for the first time since the injury, I am reading consistently again. 

I'm exhausted, but I'm happy. And that's all I can ask for at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment