Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Just Breathe

I've come to understand that whether is it physical, emotional, or metal pain the best step forward is to just breathe. Focus on the here and now, that I am cleansed with each breath.

I suppose one should adhere to one's advice.

Today, I witnessed a friend in real emotional pain. I listened to his loneliness, his frustration at the loss, the betrayal... now doesn't that sound familiar? Out of respect for him I'm going to fast forward to the aftermath. How I took his emotional pain with me after the conversation ended.

I'm not going to lie, the event jarred me as his pain felt so familiar and brought up many things for me. First off, I've never been in that position to just listen. I kept my cool and support during the chat, but wheeeeew. I could use some aftercare right about now!

So how do I come out of this able to support a friend, and able to let go? Writing about it helps, and I'm thankful that you wonderful, anonymous visitors would remotely want to listen. I am so blessed to have a forum where I can express ALL of myself, even the not-so-sexy bits.

No comments:

Post a Comment