Tuesday, April 23, 2013

I Will -- I HAVE -- Overome You

My lungs are full with each breath again. I am fully myself, every inch expanding, undulating in perfect harmony with the universal flow. The pain has become energy once again, a focal point that can be shifted, monitored, released back and returned as peace. I notice and move forward. I no longer give it power. This is my body and I have moved beyond my limits to find my faith, my hope again.

My mother came over yesterday for a birthday hug for me and gave me possibly the best gift I could receive -- a shift in perspective. As she cleaned my room she told me of a reverend for the church who has injured his knee some time ago. She relayed his story of how, like me, he had allowed the pain to consume his attention in the present. Not a bad thing, until he realized he also had his thigh or his calf, or arm that was not in pain. As he healed, he chose to focus his attention on the surrounding parts of his body that where in perfect working order.

And I choose to do the same.

I choose to look at the blessings in my life. I choose to pray, to think positively, to rest when I need to, to take a deep breath when I may get tired, or frustrated or the feeling that my knee is being jabbed by a hot metal prod. I choose to meditate on the good in my life, to bring my focus to the positive -- most ardently when feeling low.

I have overcome you, pain. You are but another translation of aid in my life and I thank you for your gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment