Thursday, April 4, 2013

Wednesday Night Service

Original found here
I'll fully admit it, I needed a little more God in my life. I needed my cup to be filled while communing with others. So I went to Wednesday night service for the first time last night.

The sermon wasn't amazing and I didn't have a choir of angels singing to me while listening, but it was just what I needed. A reminder of what is real, of the peace that is omnipresent in my life, that when I listen to that still small voice (or let's face it, bull horn lately!) inside miracles happen. The song that the congregation sang last night has really stuck with me and has been singing in my heart ever since.

"I Release and I Let Go"
by Rickie Byars-Beckwith

-chorus-
I release and I let go
I let the Spirit run my life
And my heart is open wide
Yes I'm only here for God

No more struggle, no more strife
With my faith I see the light
I am free in the Spirit
Yes I'm only here for God




No comments:

Post a Comment