Monday, April 22, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me

Pain does funny things to one's head.

Today is my birthday. It is the first time in my life where I am not reveling in the love and attention of birthday wishes. I feel as if for the last couple of weeks I am the observer watching my life. I go through minor activities, doing what needs to be done of me, but more and more there is a disconnect. As a way of coping I have noticed that the real me, the vibrant, sane, carefree, joyous me stands just outside of myself, keeping watch over my body as I roll with the waves of discomfort.

Because those waves will always bring you back to shore, you just have to relax and let them.

And in this case, hound your worker's comp and doctor's office.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to you , Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday to you...sorry I don't sing better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha. Thank you Sir J! You sang it just fine in my head ;P

      Delete
    2. what a wonderful imagination you have ;)

      Delete