Sunday, May 5, 2013

The Dawn of a New Day

I'm beginning to develop a hypothesis that my knee pain and my stress levels are intrinsically combined at the moment. One of the owners at the boutique I work at (I work two jobs) is out of town so my hours have been raised. Being on it more all week as well as being silly and walking up and down the stairs to my condo.... well, let's just say putting pressure on my leg makes me want to scream.

So it really shouldn't have come as a surprise that yesterday my mind went a little nuts. I'm ashamed to say how dark my thoughts went. I debated, weighed in whether I want to write what I thought, and yes. Solely for the purpose of recognizing I thought these things, felt these things, but by morning I came back. No chip on my soul, no weight baring me down. I am indeed refreshed and renewed. Back to my best self.

I acted on one of those thoughts, kind of. I don't know how, but I remembered his number and called it, in the hopes that I could have him reget me, tell me how little he cares about me again (he didn't answer, the lovely man. Thank you!). I was in so much pain emotionally, so hollow and empty (and yes, my knee pain was growing as the afternoon/ night went on)... I even had thoughts of giving myself up to him, just to use, no pleasure for me. None. The thinking there was, well, I already felt violated and used, might as well just let him have me. I almost drove over there, but the fact remains I didn't. I didn't act on those dark and scary thoughts, I rode them out until I was tired and fell asleep.

Every time I think I've hit a new low, touched a psychologically darker part of myself I always forget how easily I can let go and feel better the next day. That my recovery time from such, we'll call them hiccups (it sounds so much more dainty), gets shorter each time and I feel stronger, more ready to confront the day, my life. More willing and able to handle things appropriately, in a healthy manner.

This is my story, and I choose to rewrite my life for the better.

3 comments:

  1. you do sound so much more up beat today. I think I am glad you did not act on your dark desires it would not have ended well. Have you considered crutches or a cane to mitigate some of the pressure on you knee as you wait for surgery?

    As it turns out yes I love to swim but the reason I ask is I believe you are the kind of person who functions better if you are getting regular exercise and swimming would lessen the pressure on your injury while allowing you the opportunity to exhaust the other parts.

    60's where I live is a heat wave and people are all over the place in shorts and t-shirts. Also remember I am often speaking temp in Celsius as we measure it here that way so when I said around 1 that would have been around 30 F.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sir J,

      Ah yes, the rest of the world uses celsius, forgot about that. 30 degrees F is still a great temperature (says the girl who thinks anything below 60F is freezing)!

      I've actually been using a cane this whole time. I probably should be using crutches at this point, but they restrict my mobility far too much, so I can't use them and still be working. And you are very correct, I am an active gal who's happiness and peace hinges greatly on lots of activity. While the water does alleviate the pressure, the bending/ kicking motion is what does me in (even in a slow, gentle fashion). You see, I have a torn patellar tendon. Not completely torn, but just enough where it makes my knee cap move, causing me great pain.

      I've been doing arm exercises/ weights, but it's just not the same. The pool was a wonderful suggestion.

      Delete
    2. then I hope for a speedy surgery and a complication free recovery.

      Delete