Thursday, May 9, 2013

An Adventure in Exercise

A happy post -- yay!

Yesterday I had a day off of work and it was sunny (a weird break from all this rain we've been having) and after a suggestion from Sir J I decided I should try to swim. I reassessed why it hurt the first time, figured it could all be adjusted, grabbed my DryCase, towel, goggles, wetsuit (the pool isn't heated) and swim suit, and gingerly eased my way in. 

tools of the trade
The compression of the wetsuit helped stabilize my knee as well as acting as a floating device. My range of motion was compromised, but I doggy paddled my hynie off for 20 minutes! It was beautiful, relaxing, exhausting, and wonderful. I would have loved to have swim for longer, but my knee began to throb. Getting out of the pool was the most difficult and I did notice that my shoulders hurt from the unuse, but it was the sweet lactic acid feeling that is so familiar to me.

It occurred me that my athletic dreams have been heightened, made more sacred by my knee injury and I am so blessed to have this new drive. To cherish my body, to know how I can push it, and golly... that makes me happy.

Also, it would appear that my brain really has apparently crossed the wire and thinks any knee pain is now arousing, except only to my vagina. So, that's new. But hey, like the song of this video (consequently a promo for the last race I ran before the injury) -- "anything can happen."


Last Thoughts: I've got running on the brain. Also, sex.

4 comments:

  1. good for you, 10 sleeps as my kids would say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 10 sleeps? I'm afraid I'm not entirely up to date with the slang these days. I'm going to assume it is a good thing.

      Delete
    2. Sleeps as in the number of nights until a big event so 9 sleeps until the 21 st

      Delete