Saturday, May 25, 2013

Recovery Recap #2

I am so blessed and so grateful to be where I am right now. My healing is doing well, progressing a little slower that I would like but my knee looks better and better. Still being at my dad's has been so helpful, although I'm hoping in the next few days I'll be able to go home. Days 2 and 3 of recovery were a little rough and I experienced the exaggerated pain of my body healing. It's still painful, but I can at least be grateful it is healing pain. Pain that I am familiar with -- on a much larger scale. 

The weirdest thing has been learning to trust my knee again. I still can't be on it for very long, and depending on where the pain scale is sometimes I can't even touch foot to floor. When I can put weight on it I have to coax my brain into it. And training my body to do it with moderately good posture too is one of the strangest feelings in the world. Today I can start learning to walk. Today is the day I should start creating a schedule, acclimating back into life, not spending all day watching Army Wives (of which I am terribly addicted to now). 

Life does not pause when events like this happen and I have an interesting road ahead of me. There comes a time to step up, and this is that time. I intend to use it to my advantage and will try my best to stay positive and productive. Hallelujah! 

2 comments:

  1. You are so brave and have such a great attitude. You are an inspiration to me. Hang in there, good luck with the recovery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you, Desi. I lost it there for a little bit, but I think I've got most of it back. :)

      Delete