Thursday, May 23, 2013

Recovery Day ReCap #1

Whooo I am in the thick of it now! As the nerve block wore off in the late morning I found that pain began to form. No biggie at that point; I began to ice, took another pain killer, and went to take a nap. When I had woken up I noticed my bandages were super loose. As a result, they hung DIRECTLY ON MY KNEE. Let me tell you, that is painful. The pressure and friction it creates directly on the sutures... this morning I could barely get back into bed the soreness was so bad. And that was after I broke down and tightened the bandages last night so it wasn't so heavy on my knee. I do have to admit it was better than yesterday, though.

In short, healing is happening, and the pain is nothing to cry home about --just exaggerated, routine soreness -- but until tomorrow when I can take OFF these dang bandages, I'm going to move as little as possible. Because that's basically what sets the whole thing off. And it's fracking annoying.

2 comments:

  1. Blogging at 5:30 in the morning, Chicken soup for the soul :-) Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, as much as I didn't like the reason for waking up early (pain)... I have got to say I missed the 4am start of the day!

      Delete