Friday, May 17, 2013

Meeting the Poppy

I see the light at the end of the tunnel, but I know the adventure isn't over yet. Each day has been a blessing, a challenge and right now all I can do is smile.

I AM ALIVE.

THANK YOU, GOD. 


I have been prescribed Oxycodone to hold me over until the surgery, because a straight opiate is basically the only thing left to give me after my allergies. What amazed me is that for a 5 day timeframe the doctor allowed me to take home 40 of those little pills. Something regulated and known to be addictive. I was fearful, knowing my father's history (note: father's history. At my age and experience I really should learn to distinguish his troubles from my own) -- but I digress. It would appear, I have (yet again) nothing to fear. While the oxycodone does it's job, my body felt numb, and I had some of the worst stomach pains I've had in a while.

While that experience was unpleasant, just like everything else there are things that can be done about it. I've been mandated an even stricter diet (more fiber, no dairy) and something to coat the lining of my stomach. I have chosen to take half of a pill and see how it is, I have chosen to have a healthier diet not just because of the medication (although that is a nice perk), I have chosen to have a positive attitude.

I've chosen to take care of myself the best that I can, and that makes me happy.

3 comments:

  1. I just wanted to pop and wish you the best of luck for Tuesday, I hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am excited and nervous, but I know all WILL go well. Thank you so much for the encouragement and well wishes.

      Delete
  2. you're welcome and you are in my prayers this weekend as well.

    ReplyDelete