Friday, November 15, 2013

Battle of the Blogs


This isn't a new conundrum for me. I've been stumped as to how appropriately handle the situation of reviewing erotica and am failing. I might have this blog, wherein I am "anonymous" (my breadcrumbs to who I am etc are fairly large), but when it comes to books I have created myself as a brand, of sorts. I contact authors, customers, and publishing houses through me -- the face-to-a-name me. I love what I do and it's kind of my drug. However because of my new interests a good portion of the books I read are being left out of reviews or conversations and I'm not ready to scream to the world I'M SUBMISSIVE! There is a big difference between the sprinkling of romance reviews and reviewing an erotica. Mostly because, frankly, I'm just not comfortable with that level of exhibition.

So, I come to you guys. How should this be resolved? I'm open to all ideas, although I know my limitations. I'll be starting school come January, which means a lot tighter schedule and less time for social media. Your input is much appreciated!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not entirely sure what you are asking.

    You want to review the erotica you read? On your blog? Why don't you just create a separate page specifically for book reviews?

    Do you want to review erotica "In Real Life?" You mention not wanting to "come out" to others.

    *scratching my head*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, basically ideally I'd like to do the same amount of promotion for erotica as I do my other reviews. I'm already on all the book sites and interact that way, and I'd like to give the authors of the erotica books the same opportunity I afford others. The addition of creating a whole other identity would be a bit overwhelming, so I'm trying to reconcile the two. I'm trying to figure out a way to bridge and find a compromise.

      Delete