Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Creation

I'm a "write it down" kind of girl. At school, I'm the student writing furiously with about 10 different colored pens or markers in my arsenal, ready to be used. Post It notes litter my day planner, while days are highlighted depending on certain appointments. To do lists get me excited. Journalling again has helped immensely with keeping my sanity... If I keep up with such activities.

I didn't realize how much I was missing school and structure until I was out of it for a week. Take that adrenaline and stress away and I am cast adrift, floating aimlessly in a vast pool until I knock against the rim. I won't be going back to school for months (summer), so I've had to slowly invent new ways of structure and discipline. I'm not going to lie to myself or you by saying the challenge isn't exciting.

Despite the craziness, I am, admittedly, a total adrenaline junkie. But that's OKAY. I've learned to harness my need to create, challenge, and LIVE into positive pursuits. I've had the go ahead from the doctor to keep active, and since he's given me an antiinflammatory injection my pain went down from a 6-8, to a way more manageable 2-3. Life can be lived again without me biting someone's head off or me breaking down into tears at the slightest provocation. Heaven really is real! Anyway, the sad fact is I'm starting over. My fitness baseline is 0. So I'm going to take things real slow. 10 minutes here, lots of stretching and icing, a bit of strength training, and a weekly assessment to round it all out. The 6 Million Dollar Man "we can rebuild" comes to mind for a strange sort of motivation.

Life is in motion and balanced, the best way I know how to live it.
Photo credit

No comments:

Post a Comment