Tuesday, March 25, 2014

TMI Tuesday: The One With Songs

Music is the spice of life and for this week, following the prompts, I've chosen which is the best song for the situation described (in my personal experience). If you are on a non-flash device, you might not be able to listen to some songs so I've provided youtube links. Enjoy!

1. When you wake up in the morning.
Loreena McKennitt - All Souls Night
What better way to wake up than with a little dancing? It doesn't start out too harshly and loud, it builds up. Perfect for calmly getting my behind out of bed to start a fabulous day!

2. When you climax during sex.
Lonely Island (feat Akon) - I Just Had Sex
It's really just too perfect. Also, a good laugh.

3. When you urinate.
Taco- Puttin' On the Ritz
Purists, it's OK. I know it's a cover. But Taco adds so much flavor and is so 80s! I don't know about you, but when I'm sitting in a compromising position I want to feel rather fancy... and have fun with it. Runner Up: Hugh Laurie (as Bertie Wooster from Jeeves and Wooster) - Puttin' On the Ritz But honestly, it's Stephen Fry as Jeeves that just makes the scene so good. 

4. When you walk into your home after a long day of work.
Various - Mr. Norman's Song

This a collaborative song/project that many many people helped create. Even when I'm tired or have a day of hardship, it's good to know the masses come together to create beauty. 

5. When you take the first sip of your favorite beverage.
Michael Bernard Beckwith - Energetic Shapeshifter 
I love water, the substance that we as humans cannot live without. I feel like I should speak to my gratitude in that simplicity. With lyrics that loop, "you might as well give in and be happy" and guides listeners to take a second and savor the joy around them... I feel like enjoyment in what is usually mundane should be celebrated. 

Bonus: When you are reprimanding your kids or yelling at your significant other.
The Wailin' Jennys - Deeper Well (live)
I'm of the general mindset that anger is hurt and fighting with a significant other is a heated opportunity to understand yourself and a way to find peace -- as long as you step away from the situation. I always listen to "Deeper Well" when I am searching for God, or I'm angry and confused. But! For those times in the past when I just think someone's a right tart there's the ever fabulous Pet Shop Boys - I'm With Stupid. The lyrics are perfect and the music video featuring the guys from Little Britain is just hilarious.

Bonus, Bonus: When you are having sexual relations. 
Carfax Abbey - Cry Little Sister
Again, I know it is a remake, but I just like it. For some reason the slight variations of beats and the main singer's voice does it for me. I love the lyrics, but to me the beat encapsulates how passionate sex is supposed to be like: raw, honest, and fleeting. 


If you would like to participate in today's TMI Tuesday (or any other future ones), or see other bloggers responses visit the TMI Tuesday blog

9 comments:

  1. You have wonderful taste musically, I'm a little bit more raw! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to your site... indeed it is raw, but you have some good picks too!!

      Delete
  2. Excellent taste. Love that Taco cover for when you urinate! :P

    Happy TMI Tuesday!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting music. The only song I knew was the first one. Happy TMI.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great variation!

    fun :)
    Happy TMI!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love #3 - great song!

    Happy TMI

    ReplyDelete